Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold formation and growth can become an issue in as little as 48 hours after moisture is introduced into porous materials, such as drywall and wood framing. Roof leaks, broken pipes, and leaking appliances are just a few of the water sources that can provide the optimal environment for mold growth. Along with the possibility of causing damage to your home or business, mold also has the potential to cause health effects for those who are exposed. SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to remediate mold issues, and help restore your property to its preloss condition.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (850) 466-3089
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County proudly serves Pensacola, Cantonment, Century, and surrounding areas.