Our Fire Damage Restoration Process
Everyone is aware of the steps that should be taken WHEN a fire occurs- Utilize a fire extinguisher, if possible, follow the steps outlined in your emergency plan, evacuate the building, call the local authorities for help, and gather all evacuated occupants at a pre-designated location. What is less commonly known, however, are the steps to take AFTER the fire. Who should you call, how do you start the cleanup process, where do I go from here? For this phase, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia is Here to Help. Our team has processes in place to mitigate, remediate, and restore your property, helping reduce the stress that comes along with fire damage. So, how does the SERVPRO process work?
- Emergency Contact – our team of highly trained professionals is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 850-466-3089 when fire disaster strikes.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment – Once we arrive on site, we will begin our inspection. This will include addressing any safety concerns, providing stabilization for the affected area, scoping the damages, and formulating a “plan of attack” for work.
- Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed) – Depending on the extent of the damages, board-up or roof tarping may be necessary to protect the structure from further damage or vandalism.
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present) – If water was used to extinguish the fire, we will follow various extraction and drying procedures to remove/reduce the amount of moisture present.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from all Surfaces – This could include structural cleaning, contents cleaning and pack-out, and possibly contents relocation for storage.
- Cleaning and Repair – A variety of steps may be taken at this stage, including demolition of unsalvageable areas, deodorization, or deep cleaning of structure and contents.
- Restoration – As a licensed general contractor, we can build back any materials that were removed during the remediation process. This step may also include the unpacking or return of stored contents.
Although no fire is “typical,” and there are many factors that can affect the remediation process, one thing stays the same: SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County takes great pride in providing the highest possible level of customer service when disaster strikes. Serving the communities of Cantonment, Century, and Pensacola, Florida, we are only one call away for your fire damage restoration needs.